East End Homes have been “consulting” on a change to the way it is run which will write residents out of its structures? It was a very quiet “consultation”.
A stealth consultation.
Under the changes, East End Homes wants to stop residents being members of the East End Homes company – and thereby stop them having the right to go to the AGM and have a say.
Many Eastend Homes residents say “So what is different? What will change?” This is because Eastend Homes never told residents of their rights in the first place – now they want to remove the rights most people didn’t know they had!.
The documents they wish to change are the Memorandum and Articles of the company – a hairball of unintelligible legal jargon even if English is your first language.
- Notes for EEH Residents (READ THIS – an effort to explain the legal jargon and a bit of history)
- Notes from EEH for local estate boards (from Eastend Homes)
- EastendHomes and the rule book (on MERA website)
- EastendHomes updates the company rulebook (on Eastend Homes website – currently not available for technical reasons)
- Read what Paul Bloss (ex LBTH housing official – ex leader of the Housing Choice programme – ex Shadow Chief Executive of Eastend Homes now CEO of EeH said to LBTH Council to get them to agree to back Eastend Homes as a landlord – the full report here
- Read the letter Paul Bloss signed to opt in to the Residents Charter